What a year. Even with two road trips, one from Baltimore to Kiawah Island and back, and one from Chicago to Iowa City and back, I flew nearly 45,000 miles. The only flights purchased on cash fares were:
- Baltimore to Indianapolis (about $150) on Southwest
- Johannesburg, South Africa to Cape Town, South Africa (about $100) on South African Airways
All other flights were made with points. Taxes totaled a few hundred dollars. Most flights on Southwest included a free ticket thanks to NSPwife’s Companion Pass. My flight back from San Luis Obispo was cancelled due to mechanical issues, so everyone was given a voucher for $200.
Overall another great year – primarily due to Alaskan Airlines miles courtesy of Bank of America.
Top 10 List:
- First Class BWI>SFO with wine tasting in SFO Centurion Lounge
- Companion Pass for 2 International Destinations: Aruba & Costa Rica
- Dom and 1986 Bordeaux in Emirates First
- First Class MIA>SJO for four of us with MIA Centurion Lounge
- Al Maha in the UAE, take two
- Andaz Papagayo in Costa Rica
- Qatar Business Lounge in Doha
- South Africa; all of it
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa in Costa Rica
- Showering on Emirates – twice